Our design department is currently seeking a UX Strategist to join our growing team. You will work closely and collaboratively with clients, designers, developers, and project managers to help drive the user experience and design of great products.
We are looking for an individual who has the desire and motivation to evolve and improve processes that help us solve problems. You will make a direct impact on a variety of interesting projects. We embrace big picture thinkers who also enjoy the finer details of day-to-day activities. You will be given the opportunity to apply your abilities to meaningful work. If you’re the type of person who says, “I have a better way to do this.” we want to hear it. You will be directly involved in the support, production, and facilitation of user research, business analysis, writing of functional requirements, development of information architecture, and the production of user flows and wireframes for a variety of different clients.
*Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio or website so we can view your work.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN YOUR ROLE...
- Collecting business requirements, end-user insight and conducting research from which you will work with project leads, team members and clients to synthesize into sound strategy for projects you are assigned
- Leading the functional requirements process by working with clients, designers and developers to define all aspects of the experiences your team is creating
- Ongoing user research and usability testing for features of digital products, applications and websites
- Creation of user flows, site maps, content hierarchies, and detailed wireframes where and when necessary to support your conclusions
- Ongoing collaboration and interaction with team members, clients, 3rd party vendors and end-users to make sure all perspectives are accounted for in your work
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE...
- Clear and concise in their writing and communication skills
- Confident and effective when interfacing with clients
- Comfortable creating air-tight functional requirements
- A diligent note-taker and transcriber
- Sensitive to business objectives
- An effective business analyst
- Proficient in information architecture and wireframing
- Motivated to solve complex problems
- Highly detail oriented
- Perceptive, patient, positive, and hardworking
- Open minded when listening to feedback
- Highly interested in collaboration
- Someone who thinks in systems and patterns
- Productive within a fast paced environment
- Mindful of organization, margins, spacing, and consistency in their work
- Understanding of long term project goals and business objectives
- Considerate of budgets, timelines, deadlines, and external constraints
- Bachelor's Degree and equivalent work experience
- 2 - 3 years working as a UX designer, business analyst, UX strategist, or similar role at an agency or in-house at a digital product company.
- UX Process Knowledge - Understanding of user-centered design thinking and its usage to identify project goals. Familiarity with lean UX methodology and experience with user research. Familiarity with Google Analytics or other analytics platform is a plus.
- UX Design - Examples that showcase your ability to solve complex problems and visually communicate your solutions through user personas, user flows, functional requirements, information architecture, wireframes, and visual designs.
- Visual Design Sensitivity - Strong visual organizational skills, clean representations of work, ability to apply visual design skills to create client ready presentations, appreciation and empathy for visual design in a general sense.
- Communication & Collaboration - Proven experience working successfully within a collaborative environment on challenging projects. Experience and/or desire to facilitate and improve upon content strategy is a plus.
- Development Familiarity - Experience with the implementation of your UX solutions, effectively bridging the gap between UX design and development - Sensitivity to visual QA, fundamental knowledge of how work is implemented within a CMS. Product experience a plus.
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, company happy hours, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, company holidays and half-days, quiet rooms, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more...
- Medical coverage including vision, dental coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
O3 World specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. We work with businesses as their strategic partner to provide long-term digital solutions through web, mobile, e-commerce, and application development. With offices in Philadelphia, we’ve emphasized a balanced approach to design, innovative technological solutions, and an award-winning agency culture.
We believe in a balanced environment, where positivity, hard work and happy hours coexist. While much of our time is spent at our desks, at whiteboards, or in meetings, we've created a culture that makes the outside world an integral part of our daily working routines. The challenging, progressive work we do keeps us energized and exhilarated, while our culture keeps us grounded, puts things in perspective, and makes us better at what we do. But most of all, it makes us a team.
Philly is a great place to live and work, and we may be able to assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate applying outside the city. However, you must be able to legally work in the US. Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us.
Please submit a copy of your resume and relevant work samples that will help expand our understanding of your creative process. Links to your work and/or portfolio are required. Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter accounts, or anything else you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We look forward to meeting with you.