O3 World is currently seeking a highly motivated, organized, creative and progressive minded Project Manager with a strong desire to learn and manage digital projects. Their primary responsibility is to own the project from start to finish, being accountable for schedules, project deliverables, budget and resource management of the internal project team. They will also have an opportunity to learn and receive oversight from the Project Managers and the department head.
As a member of the O3 team, you will be involved in projects from the ideation and strategy phase all the way through launch, assisting our team through a variety of tasks. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall project and internal processes.
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the digital space. This person should have a passion for project management, an eagerness to learn the O3 way, the systems and processes we use on a daily basis. At O3, we are constantly looking for new tools and improving our process, which is based on Scrum, but has been infused with O3 values and tweaked for what works best in the agency environment.
O3 team members are not only encouraged to learn, it’s required. We’re always doing things we’ve never done before and piloting new techniques. We also frequently host meetups and give team members the opportunity to go to conferences and trainings.
The culture at O3 is very collaborative but also provides a high degree of autonomy. You’ll have other Project Managers available to lend a hand and provide daily direction and guidance.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope while adhering to the standard project process of the company
- Schedule and plan for internal resources in conjunction with other Project Managers and team leads
- Act as the point person for client communications
- Manage all resources required to develop the project and ensure timely integration, productivity, and efficient use of resources
- Manage all project finances by tracking hours and cost against budget on a weekly basis, project future expenditures and revenue, and manage project scope changes against budget
- Effectively manage outside vendor relationships, including multiple development teams
- Lead scoping and estimating sessions for new opportunities
- Create, maintain and present detailed project plans and other relevant project artifacts
- Create weekly status reports, client friendly schedules, milestone plan and deliverable progress reports
- Lead meetings and gain consensus when diverse and dissenting viewpoints are presented
- Translate ideas and theories into prioritized, actionable steps
- Have a base knowledge of not only what we offer, but accompanying services in the industry, including application development, hosting and infrastructure planning, etc
- Ability to assist in QA testing
- Proactively pitch new opportunities and services to existing clients that can result in a change order, or new project opportunity.
- Consistently and effectively use project management (Basecamp), support (ZenDesk) and time tracking tools (Harvest).
- Maintain a positive, solutions oriented attitude at all times. (Sounds daunting, but we’ve seen it done!)
- Maintain a calm and confident demeanor
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing projects in an interactive / digital agency or technology driven environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required and/or equivalent work experience
- ECommerce, Product Development and/or Mobile App experience preferred
- Experience working in application development and with an agile development process is a major plus.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of the interactive industry, including but not limited to SEO / SEM, social media, web, eCommerce and mobile development.
- Excellent in person presentation and communication skills
- Experience coordinating multiple companies / teams
- Exceptional communication / interpersonal / presentation skills.
- Experience with Harvest, Basecamp, Trello, Highrise and ZenDesk is a plus
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, company happy hours, healthy snacks, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, quiet rooms, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more…
- Medical coverage including vision, dental coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
While we prefer local candidates, Philly is a great place to live and work, and we may be able to assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate. However, you must be able to legally work in the US. Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us.
Please submit a copy of your resume and / or any relevant work samples (documents, wireframes, etc…) that you think will help us get to know you better. Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter accounts or whatever you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We look forward to meeting with you.