Front End Developer
O3 World is seeking a Front End Developer with a passion for building great tools and compelling experiences like the projects listed in the WORK section of our site. You will work with some of the brightest project managers, designers, and developers in the business to define, plan, build, and deliver exceptional websites and applications.
As a member of the O3 team, you will be involved in projects from the ideation and strategy phase all the way through launch and have a say in not just what we build, but how we build. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall technical direction and project workflow through research and development of new tools and technologies.
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of web development and the underlying technologies of the web who can easily pick up the technologies we’re working with now and will be working with in the future.
At O3, we are constantly looking for new tools and improving our process, which is based on Scrum, but has been infused with O3 Values and tweaked for what works best in the agency environment.
O3 team members are not only encouraged to learn, it’s required. We’re always doing things we’ve never done before and piloting new techniques. We also frequently host meetups and give team members the opportunity to go to conferences and training.
The culture at O3 is very collaborative but also provides a high degree of autonomy. You’ll have lead devs and UX designers available to lend a hand when things get tricky, but also have plenty of heads of down time to get your work done the way you want to.
- Hand-code responsive, standards compliant HTML5 and CSS3 to achieve a consistent presentation across all major desktop and mobile browsers
- Accurately and efficiently implement front ends from wire frames, UI kits and PSDs or similar
- Create, modify, or extend themes for CMS and eCommerce systems such as Wordpress, Drupal and Magento
- Contribute to project discovery, UX and design meetings with regards to impact on front-end development
- Cross-browser test and quality assure all front-end code before submitting it for review
- 2+ years professional front development experience
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor such as Less or Sass
- Experience working with SVGs and creating SVG sprites
- Experience with a task runner such as Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Git
- Experience building themes for at least two of the following systems: Wordpress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine, Magento, Shopify, Craft
- Understanding and respect for web standards, code validation, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility; prior experience with associated testing tools
- Strong understanding of separation of layers: keeping code, content, functionality, and presentation separated
- Experience integrating with commercial APIs and services such as Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Analytics, Facebook, etc. and familiarity with HTML5 APIs
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques such as lazy asset loading, AJAX page loading, pre-caching, responsive images, CDN asset management, server-side caching, etc.
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, summer flex hours, company happy hours, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, company holidays and half-days, quiet rooms, annual holiday party, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more…
- Medical coverage including vision, dental coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!