Front End Developer
Although we’re not actively seeking to fill this role, we’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you believe your skills and personality would fit well in this role and O3 World, send us your application and we’ll be in touch.
- Accurately and efficiently implement designs from wireframes and design comps.
- Hand-code HTML & CSS to web standards in all major browsers.
- Create, modify, or extend themes for various CMS and eCommerce systems such as Wordpress, Drupal and Magento.
- Create and/or assemble all necessary front-end assets per project specifications.
- Create responsive front-end code with the latest HTML5 and CSS3 techniques, for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Partner with development counterparts on projects to assist in prototype creation, troubleshooting and problem solving to ensure smooth implementation of front-end code or themes onto customized CMS and eCommerce systems.
- Utilize our existing code versioning system GIT.
- Ensure all code is well commented with explanation, but also that you enter version comments on commits and pull requests.
- Browser test and quality assure all front-end code you produce during your phase of a project before passing it on.
- Ensure web standards and compatibility using validation tools to reveal issues or incompatibilities and resolve them.
- Responsible for QA remediation or “bug fixes” on all aspects of front-end code during formal Quality Assurance project phases.
- Communicate with the team in a timely and appropriate fashion every day through Basecamp, email, IM, and most importantly face to face!
- Effectively utilize our various portal tools for Project Management, Support, Time Booking, QA and testing bug tracking.
- Create and contribute to documentation of specific projects, custom code, technologies, process, and workflow as required.
- Assist the team in troubleshooting front-end code in development, staging and production environments as needed.
- Keep your personal work space clean and organized.
- Basic maintenance of your own workstation, OS patching, software patches and upgrades. Notify the Systems Administrator or your direct report promptly if you have or foresee any issues with your workstation that will impact your efficiency or ability to do your job.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative, solutions-oriented attitude and approach at all times.
- Track your time spent on projects and tasks each day, enter your time into the company time tracking portal at the end of every working day, and submit your booked time at the conclusion of each week.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply please submit your resume and relevant work samples (code, apps, etc.). Links to your Github, Stack Overflow and LinkedIn accounts or whatever you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
While we prefer local candidates. Philly is a great place to live and work and we may be able to assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate. You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us.
O3 World is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We look forward to meeting with you.
- 2+ years professional front development experience
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor such as Less or Sass
- Experience working with SVGs and creating SVG sprites
- Experience with a task runner such as Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Git
- Experience building themes for at least two of the following systems: Wordpress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine, Magento, Shopify, Craft
- Understanding and respect for web standards, code validation, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility; prior experience with associated testing tools
- Strong understanding of separation of layers: keeping code, content, functionality, and presentation separated
- Experience integrating with commercial APIs and services such as Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Analytics, Facebook, etc. and familiarity with HTML5 APIs
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques such as lazy asset loading, AJAX page
- loading, pre-caching, responsive images, CDN asset management, server-side caching, etc.
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, summer flex hours, company happy hours, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, company holidays and half-days, quiet rooms, annual holiday party, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more…
- Medical coverage including vision and dental coverage, short and long term, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
ABOUT O3 WORLD
O3 World specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. We work with businesses as their strategic partner to provide long-term digital solutions through web, mobile, e-commerce and application development.
With offices in Fishtown, Philadelphia, we’ve emphasized a balanced approach to design, innovative technological solutions and an award-winning agency culture. This is the heart of one of the most vibrant and active areas within the city. You’ll have easy access to public transportation, a variety of delicious local eateries and coffee shops, entertainment venues like Johnny Brenda’s and The Fillmore, as well as fitness centers. Regardless of what your interests and curiosities might be, there is always something new and exciting to explore.
We’re continually looking to explore new horizons in the fields of user experience, design, and technology, we have a unique program called O3 Labs. Here, we embrace future thinking through experiences and experimentation with emerging technologies. All staff members are invited to collaborate internally to devise labs concepts that attempt to solve real experiences and business problems. You’ll have the opportunity to present a concept and, if chosen, company time, employees, and resources are dedicated to making your idea become a reality. O3 theme music is one example of several other successfully launched labs projects from O3 World. See it in action: https://youtu.be/CsxhmADToyY
We’re proud to be the founder and host of Forge Conference, Philadelphia’s premier user experience and product design conference since 2014. Once a year we invite a national roster of experts in the field of user experience to share their wisdom, ideas, processes, and inspiring stories to people like you. Each employee at O3 World has the opportunity to join the Forge planning committee and contribute your thoughts and ideas to a conference that is quickly gaining prominence as an industry leading event. Learn more about Forge: http://www.forgeconf.com
Finally, we’re firm believers in a balanced environment, where positivity, hard work and happy hours coexist. At O3, we strive to recruit and retain a diverse team that help us perform better, attract top talent and make smarter decisions. While much of our time is spent at our desks, at whiteboards, or in meetings, we’ve created a culture that makes the outside world an integral part of our daily working routines. The challenging, progressive work we do keeps us energized and exhilarated, while our culture and people keep us grounded, put things in perspective and make us better at what we do. Most of all, it makes us a team.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role and our team. Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter accounts, or anything else you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We look forward to meeting with you.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!