Full Stack Developer
O3 World is seeking a Full Stack Developer with a passion for building great tools and compelling experiences like the projects listed in the WORK section of our site. You will work with some of the brightest project managers, designers, and developers in the business to define, plan, build, and deliver exceptional websites and applications.
As a member of the O3 team, you will be involved in projects from the ideation and strategy phase all the way through launch and have a say in not just what we build, but how we build. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall technical direction and project workflow through research and development of new tools and technologies.
We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of web development and the underlying technologies of the web who can easily pick up the technologies we’re working with now and will be working with in the future.
At O3, we are constantly looking for new tools and improving our process, which is based on Scrum, but has been infused with O3 Values and tweaked for what works best in the agency environment.
O3 team members are not only encouraged to learn, it’s required. We’re always doing things we’ve never done before and piloting new techniques. We also frequently host meetups and give team members the opportunity to go to conferences and training.
The culture at O3 is very collaborative but also provides a high degree of autonomy. You’ll have lead devs and UX designers available to lend a hand when things get tricky, but also have plenty of heads of down time to get your work done the way you want to.
- 2+ years professional web development experience
- Smart and hard working
- Patient and positive
- Adaptive to change
- Autonomous - does not require intense oversight
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with focus on quality of work
- Understanding and respect for best practices and craftsmanship
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn the others
- HTML with an emphasis on semantic markup and accessibility best practices
- CSS / Sass including a solid understanding of responsive design techniques
- Any of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, Go and at least one framework/platform that utilizes that language (e.g. Laravel, Rails, Django)
- Node.js & Express
- Hybrid App Frameworks: Ionic, React Native
- Automated Testing Tools: PHPUnit/Spec: BeHat, Jasmine / Mocha, Karma / Chutzpa, Selenium
- Databases: RDBMS and noSQL
- Understanding of high-level DevOps and Security practices, or a strong willingness to learn.
- Amazing office space in Fishtown, flex vacation time, paid trips to national and regional industry events and conferences, paid training, speaking opportunities, company happy hours, casual office dress code, monthly one-to-one employee growth meetings, lunch and learns, sponsored networking events, employee referral program, company holidays and half-days, quiet rooms, annual holiday party, peer-to-peer recognition, annual non-profit participation, neighborhood outreach events, your own personal theme music, and more…
- Medical coverage including vision and dental coverage, short and long term, life insurance plan, 401k with company match
ABOUT O3 WORLD
O3 World specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. We work with businesses as their strategic partner to provide long-term digital solutions through web, mobile, e-commerce and application development.
With offices in Fishtown, Philadelphia, we’ve emphasized a balanced approach to design, innovative technological solutions and an award-winning agency culture. This is the heart of one of the most vibrant and active areas within the city. You’ll have easy access to public transportation, a variety of delicious local eateries and coffee shops, entertainment venues like Johnny Brenda’s and The Fillmore, as well as fitness centers. Regardless of what your interests and curiosities might be, there is always something new and exciting to explore.
We’re continually looking to explore new horizons in the fields of user experience, design, and technology, we have a unique program called O3 Labs. Here, we embrace future thinking through experiences and experimentation with emerging technologies. All staff members are invited to collaborate internally to devise labs concepts that attempt to solve real experiences and business problems. You’ll have the opportunity to present a concept and, if chosen, company time, employees, and resources are dedicated to making your idea become a reality. O3 theme music is one example of several other successfully launched labs projects from O3 World. See it in action: https://youtu.be/CsxhmADToyY
We’re proud to be the founder and host of Forge Conference, Philadelphia’s premier user experience and product design conference since 2014. Once a year we invite a national roster of experts in the field of user experience to share their wisdom, ideas, processes, and inspiring stories to people like you. Each employee at O3 World has the opportunity to join the Forge planning committee and contribute your thoughts and ideas to a conference that is quickly gaining prominence as an industry leading event. Learn more about Forge: http://www.forgeconf.com
Finally, we’re firm believers in a balanced environment, where positivity, hard work and happy hours coexist. At O3, we strive to recruit and retain a diverse team that help us perform better, attract top talent and make smarter decisions. While much of our time is spent at our desks, at whiteboards, or in meetings, we’ve created a culture that makes the outside world an integral part of our daily working routines. The challenging, progressive work we do keeps us energized and exhilarated, while our culture and people keep us grounded, put things in perspective and make us better at what we do. Most of all, it makes us a team.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this role and our team. Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter accounts, or anything else you feel will help us get to know you better are also appreciated.
O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We look forward to meeting with you.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!